Welcome, guest!
Few clouds Few clouds, 1°C,    2mph

New Website

This topic was originally posted on the 5th January 2018 by Marlfield Yarn. It has received 15 replies and was last updated on the 10th April 2018 by Fi. If you would like to reply to this topic, please ensure you are registered and logged in.

Latest Reply

I have been working on completing the finishing touches to the new website and will post updates with what is now available as well as "known issues" on this thread. If you notice any bugs, you can post them here as well so they can be fixed.

5th January 2018 - Updates

• Users can now submit messages to each other as before.
  • You can click a user's name to quickly send a PM from the chat screen and also the forum.
  • You can now create new forum topics (but you cannot reply yet!)

5th January 2018 - Known Issues

• In Google Chrome, sending PMs or creating a topic can be a bit of a nuisance with the input fields losing focus as you're typing. I am working on this! It works fine in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
  • Inability to reply to forum topics.

You can now send replies to forum topics

Thanks Dan... I'm using Chrome and it's behaving well while I'm typing.  

I've just tried to post a comment on the Shoutouts page but it hasn't gone through.

Hi Margaret - please can you press Ctrl+F5 and try again. Sometimes it can take a few moments for the message to appear on the shoutouts.

Added more content to the homepage, including:

1. Forum Preview
  2. Photo Gallery Preview
  3. Shop Preview

To do: Allow ability to change avatar for forum posts.

The Chrome issue still appears to be there on the page where the shoutouts are.. Working on it!

Hi Dan, I was going to ask you about the ability to change the avatar but thought you probably had it in hand .  Does that go for the archives as well?

Hi Margaret - you can now update the avatar. Hopefully it should work! When you say archive do you mean the history of the chat room? If so, I will add that to the list

Yes Dan... being able to read what went on in the chat room and then falls off the bottom of the page....   Thanks for adding to your list.  

Hi Margaret - I have now added the shoutouts archive to the bottom of the shoutouts page. Hopefully it is self explanatory

Thanks Dan... that's great  

Hello Dan,  

Thank you for all the work on the site.

It would be nice if we could have the weather, possiblty on the home page - as it was on the old site.

It's a "treat " for us expatriates...   I belive Helen mentioned it a while ago. 

Thanks   Barbara

Hi B, thanks for the feedback ! I had forgotten about the weather. I shall see where I can fit it in

Hi B - the weather is now back on the site, at the top of every page like before... You can view the full forecast by clicking the "Details" button. Hope this is OK!

If you have any feedback, please do let me know by replying to this thread.

It is now possible to "mute" the new shoutout alert bleat, using the button in the top right corner of the shoutouts / live chat box.

Thanks for the mute button.