Welcome, guest!
Scattered clouds Scattered clouds, 10°C,    19mph

Lambing Live - an even closer look!

This topic was originally posted on the 24th February 2015 by Dan. It has received 26 replies and was last updated on the 3rd April 2015 by Shelly. If you would like to reply to this topic, please ensure you are registered and logged in.

Latest Reply

Exciting news LambWatchers!

We are excited to announce that, technology permitting, there may be even more to see at LambWatch HQ this lambing season.

It's early days but we have invested in some fancy kit which may, technology and luck permitting, allow viewers to get an even better look at what it's like at a small hill sheep farm during the lambing season.

It's primary purpose is to make our monitoring of the sheep a little easier and less-stressful, but, in theory, it should be possible to broadcast it all out via LambWatch too.

Watch this space...!

What wonderful news!  I can't wait!  Meanwhile, all the best to Lynda and Howard and all the expectant mums.

Helen (in a snowy and very cold Ontario, Canada)

This sounds exciting - looking forward to seeing what you have in store. smiley

Yes it does sound exciting ,,,,Cant wait smiley

Sounds really interesting..Not long to wait now.

e will have to be very understanding and patient.

A hint at what (fingers crossed!) is to come!

[link]

I had a look at the link but on Chrome it says that Silverlight needs permission to view and that's on all Camstreams videos.  I don't know how to to get Silverlight's permission so I went to Internet Explorer and there was no problem at all.  I could see the picture.  

In Chrome, you will see a "Popup blocked" thingy in the top right corner, to the right hand side of the address bar.

You will need to click that to allow the plugin.

It appears the latest version of Chrome has got a bit overly tough on the Silverlight plugin!

Thanks Dan yeslaugh  That worked fine... it's a very subtle 'thingy' isn't it?  I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out!  

More hints at what's to come!!

[link]

Whooo! Now that is exciting!!  smiley

Thats BRILLIAT thanks Dan.your a genius

By the way, the new site which I am building is "responsive", meaning that it should look better on mobiles and tablets

Also, if you press Ctrl+F5 on the development site ([link]) you will see the latest version if you're interested in seeing it develop!

Hoping to launch the new site (optional) by the end of March!

P.S. New kit will arrive today and will go into the LambWatch Testing Lab in preparation for production! Keep an eye on the new site to see the new channels come to life!

It's looking brilliant....laugh

Fantastic !!

Hi all!

Well we have had a busy weekend setting up the equipment for LambWatch 2015! We've rigged up our lambing shed with 5 additional webcams!

They will be really helpful to us during lambing to help monitor the sheep and their behaviour and we've created some additional channels so you can watch all the action as it unfolds!

Bandwidth permitting, we are hoping to stream all 5 additional cameras, but if we find our Internet is just too slow, we may have to take a couple down, but we will play it by 'ere!

Our new set of cameras are now available for viewing; simply click the channel number under the stream and job's a goodun.

We're also planning to create a page which will allow you to watch every channel at the same time! If we have time, before it all kicks off for Lambing Live 2015!

I thought I'd also give a breakdown of where our new cams are located within the lambing shed.

No two farms' lambing sheds are the same! At LambWatch HQ we have the following sections:

• The 14 Shippon
    Channels 2 & 3
    This is the longest section and runs along the back of the barn. It has a door in one end (Channel 2) which opens up onto the fields and the sheep have the freedom to come in and out as they please. at the other end (Channel 3) is a hay rack which contains lots of tasty grub in the form of hay.
  • The Barn
    Channels 4 & 5
    Down some steps from the 14 shippon is the main area of the barn which is used for all sorts depending on the time of year. At lambing time it contains a circular feed ring containing even more tasty grub in the form of silage. Channels 4 and 5 cover every nook and cranny in the barn!
  • The 7 Shippon
    Channel 6
    The sheep also have the freedom to roam in this smaller shippon, down a small ramp from the 14 shippon at the far end by the hay rack. On the left you will see some areas gated off by metal "hurdles" which will be used to pen up any families as and when needed!

You may be wondering why the shippons are given numbers.... Their numbers relate to how many animals (cows) they can support in a "boose". You can see the concrete vertical separators in the shippons. They separate out the "booses".

Fingers crossed for a lambing season that goes as smoothly as possible! You'll be able to watch it all unfold at LambWatch HQ!

Wow, six channels... that's one big surprise!  You have been busy Dan.  Thanks for the locations of the new cams and I like the sound of the one page with all of the cams showing.  That would be very useful.    

Daniel..

Your an IT Genius..All the shippons/delivery rooms and the nursery look absolutely great..

Hopefully this year there will be no problems with the sheep delivering the lambs.

Thanks to You,Ben,Howard and Lynda we will all have front row seats for the deliveries.

Iwill keep everything crossed for smooth deliveries.

You're welcome! It's a family effort though... everybody has helped out!

Its Fantastic. Looking forward to seeing Lambing Live. ty All

Great news about the twins born last night.

I am enjoying the extra cams so much.  I hope things are going smoothly.  Those little babies are so beautiful.

I hope the sheep who is lambing has a safe birth

bumping

Amazing so glad I found this site and able to see the other cams