We're building our new website: hope you like it! But if you'd prefer to use our old site, click here
This is a very hard time for you. I'm truly sorry.
Thanks everybody. We are all very sad. She was such a lovely lovely animal. She's going for a full lab post mortem tomorrow.
So sorry to hear that Bridget has passed away. Very sad.
You tried so hard to save her Dan and we will all miss Bridget - such a sad day for you and Heather - Rest in Peace Bridget. xx
I am so sorry, Dan. I know this is a huge loss for you. You love those sheep!
Yes I am sorry to say she has passed away. I took the camera down out of respect for her.
Sorry that should read 13-45
If you look back to around 13-25 Helen you can see she is not well
Signal has gone down. Not a good sign.
I think it is too late Helen but your prayers will help her find peace.
I'm going to try prayer. If it doesn't help it certainly won't hurt. And her namesake, St. Bride, was a powerful woman.
Thanks for staying with her Dan
Not looking good - so sad
North Ronaldsay sheep fed on a diet of terrestrial herbage were found to succumb to copper poisoning, despite a relatively high level of molybdenum (MacLachlan and Johnston, 1982). The Orkney breed also appear to be susceptible (Wiener et al., 1977)
She seemed a lovely kind and gentle vet - I hope all the other North Ronaldsway gang are ok - good luck Bridget.
She may have got acute copper poisoning. It's hard to tell if it's chronic or acute, but it looks very much like copper poisoning. We've done everything we can for her now so time will tell. The next 24 hours we should know which way she's going to go.
North ronaldsays are particularly susceptible to it and it builds up gradually over time in the liver then eventually the liver can’t cope and it gets into blood stream. Careful management of diet can help to keep it under control
How would Bridget get copper poisoning?
The vet is coming out to see Miss Bridget
Think we are going to need to pray and hope for little Bridget
If it is copper poisoning, the prognosis is not good. Waiting for 8.30am to ring vet again.
Looks like she's done a very unhealthy looking wee. We thought it was blood at first. I am increasingly thinking she's got copper poisoning.
Having another drink now !
Walking round now,looking a bit better
That was a big drink ,lying down again now,
Looks like she's drinking !
Same here Helen !,,,,,I hope Bridget gets better soon ,
Well, Happy Hallowe'en, everyone. No child, big or little, came to my door for candy. It's just as well!